Artisan

Artisan
Artisan Sinks

Thursday, October 6, 2011

FREIGHT HORRORS

 Today will be more like a rant then a blog..but i will write it anyhow. My issue is freight, freight costs are killing companies. Please don't get me wrong i understand they need to get paid for what they do however where is the service that you expect for what you are paying. We make a great product, we provide top notch customer service and then when the ball is dropped on freight or product is damaged...poof ...all that goes up in smoke.
  My vision of an almost perfect world would be a freight company that cares. One that goes the extra mile for our customers as we would. One that treats every package that they deliver like their paycheck depends on it...why? Because it does. Maybe if they set up freight with a commission structure they would care more, pay them more for on time delivery, pay them more for freight in one piece. However on the flip side lets have a penalty for not getting there on time, for not being in one piece. I recently had a freight company who neglected to deliver freight to me on time for a trade show. I had to overnight product in for the show at a cost of $1000.00 to have it. Do you know that company didn't feel they should have to eat that overnight? I don't think I'm the only one with these issues..would love to hear some comments..so i know i am not the only one. I will search until i find the right partner, after all the right partners make business so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment